Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Get ready for a SALE

Greetings all - It is once again time for the Great American Sidewalk Sale in Historical Downtown Logan - whew - that's a mouth full! This Thursday - Saturday - come wander down Main street and look for bargains and treats - what a great combination! I will be having the bargains at the Rooster - inside where it is nice and cool, all fabric, books, patterns & notions will be 25% off. Outside in the smoldering heat, I have lots of bargains, - $1 fat qtrs, books and patterns at 50% off - WOW- and lots of other great stuff. You don't want to miss this one! Growing up in Logan - I fondly remember coming downtown to the sidewalk sale. There were so many more stores that participated - Woolworth's, The Shoe Tree, The Cottage Shoe store, JC Penney, and how about Low Cost Drug! My great friend, Mary Ann Curtis and I would catch the bus to town and just walk the streets - we loved it. Who remembers the Red Fox - I still have one dress that I bought there when I was a junior in high school - the dress is only about 30" long and now it may go around my right leg - but I can't give it up. I worked at Fredricos Pizza House when I was in high school so I had a little bit of my own spending money (90 cents an hour) I certainly know how to date myself.
Hopefully I will see lots of familiar faces this weekend. Today I told Zephie that after the sidewalk sale we can settle down and we will get back into our routine - she just laughed at me and said that would never happen - she knows me too well.
I have been suffering with Vertigo for the past few days - so if you see me stumbling around - don't be surprised ! take care - Kaye

1 comment:

Zippidy said...

Hope your vertigo is better. The boys and I stopped in. I chose not to wander the streets and just spend my wad at the Rooster! GREAT SALE!!!! Thanks!