Wednesday, January 28, 2009

finally - something new to say

I have been so busy with all my year end bookwork and things like that - that I have neglected my blog - but all that is being delivered to my accountant tomorrow morning - YEA ! Things are about to change!!! Zephie has been very busy working on our new class schedule - we are having 2 guest teachers coming up from the Salt Lake area in February and March - should be fun. We are also starting a group to make and learn from the Blackbird Designs book "Women of Grace and Charm". I also have a fun one day retreat in the planning stage - stay tuned for more info about this fun event. We are also in to the planning stages for the Wasatch Front Shop Hop - mark your calenders for June 17, 18, 19, & 20. This years theme is "All Around the Town" where buildings and business's will be featured. I picked an ice cream store for our block - should be fun! I just have to mention - has any one been watching "the Bachelor"? Ugh - please share your thoughts! I am taking tomorrow off and I plan on making a sweet baby quilt from a new book - "Baby Love " maybe I will even get it done -we'll see. Take some time to do some sewing - talk with you soon, Kaye

2 comments:

Stitched With Prayer said...

Well, I have to tell you that my husband and I headed for Idaho for lunch today (I haven't so much as stuck my nose out the door in 3 days...too cold) and since we were coming from Layton area and up through Logan I checked online for quilt shops in Logan and there you were!!! We stopped in and what a pleasure it was to be there. Sadly I did not get the name of the wonderful young lady that helped me but I chose a Schnibbles table topper pattern and wanted purples to make it with. I'm a fledgling quilter and picking out fabric still scares me (I'm only 59 yrs old after all). She kindly and patiently spent over and hour helping me select the 9 fat quarters I needed. I guess I should mention that the entire time I was there (almost 2 hours) my hubby waited patiently and browsed through the shop, and thoroughly enjoy the collection of greeting cards you have without one complaint. What a guy!!! Okay, back to the one that was helping me...I know she had binding strips to cut as that is what she was doing when we came in. Both ladies working in the shop were truly great, but only one got stuck with me. So...I just had to stop by to say how beautiful and delightful your shop is the excellent customer service matches every beautiful stitch in the shop. I'm sure she will remember me, I was the hard to please lady with the cane, LOL. Please convey my thanks to both of those in the shop today but especially to the one that helped me pick out my fabric, and give her fair warning, I WILL be back and I'll be bringing friends. OH, by the way, we never got to Idaho for lunch, we were in your shop so long that we ate at the Bluebird down the walk from you. That was also a very nice experience. Thank you so much for making my day brighter.
Nancy

Kaye said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. Mary is the clerk that helped you that day. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service skills - especially on the days when I'm not here!!!! Kaye