Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fresh Salsa Recipe

I think I had combined several different recipes to make the one I served on New Years Day. You can make it "to taste".
1 can corn - drain
1 can black beans - drain and rinse
1 or 2 small cans sliced olives - drain
Finely chop - one green pepper, one red pepper, one small red onion, one bunch cilantro leaves(don't use the stems)
4 -5 tomatoes - seeded and chopped
1 tsp. salt
juice of 3 limes - squeeze over 2-3 chopped avacados and then stir that into the other veges.
I think that is about it - enjoy!

Obviously - I have had a life long love affair with food - but about the only time I enjoy cooking anymore is when I think someone might really enjoy it. Thank you to all you came in on Wednesday - and want to make it a a tradition. Like I have always told my children - "We'll see"
I plan on taking down my Christmas decorations this weekend and putting the house back in order - will see how far I get. Have a great day, Kaye

No comments: