Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring

What a beautiful day it is too. I just got back from teaching at the Needles & Friends retreat - not a real big crowd, but a fun one. I think quilters are the happiest people - especially when you are sewing with friends. There was a group being taught to knit by Rita from Yarn Today - they were having a great time. There was a delightful trunk show from Linda Hansen and then members of the guild showed off some of their wonderful old quilts - some real treasures. The ladies were then going to have some technique classes and Leisa Firth was doing cute wool pincushions. I wish I could have stayed - but duty calls. Our retreat classes are doing real well - it is pretty exciting. Tomorrow, Saturday March 21 is National Quilt Day - so give yourself a wonderful gift to celebrate the day - sew! I think I will have to have some kind of a surprise sale for the day. Enjoy the sunshine - it may snow and have a nice weekend. Kaye

No comments: