Monday, August 10, 2009

I survived camping

I am back from a great few days of camping - I prayed for rain and I got it!! Friday the wind blew - and all 15 of us huddled around the fire. I hadn't packed enough warm cloths - so Winter and I cuddled up and went to sleep about 10 - the wind finally stopped and we had a bit of rain in the morning - about half of the group went home. It stopped raining but it stayed cloudy and chilly most of the day. I did knit half of a dishcloth but that was the extent of my hand work. Sat. evening my friends Krista and Gary arrived - we had a wonderful dutch oven dinner their kids had started - it was a much calmer evening. Alter a better nights sleep, we awoke to some sunshine - but still had a great fire. I swear I can still smell it on me even after a couple of showers. After cleaning up the camp site, Stacy, Winter and I had lunch back on the beach - Bear Lake really is beautiful. But I must admit, I was glad to get home do the laundry and put everything away. I was down in the sewing room by 6:30. Today is my Stacy's 38th birthday - how can it be??? She wants sushi for dinner (yuk) so we are all going to Black Pearl.
Must work now - have a great week, Kaye

No comments: