Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Girl Gang

The gang has gone home, but they did get a fun simple block done tonight. Zephie has finished the whole quilt top - how cute is that- now to quilt it. I have the first 3 blocks done - I tried so hard to keep up with this one. Damn. Now if I could just figure out how to make the pictures bigger on the blog. So much to learn and so little gray matter left and getting older by the second.
9-11 - this coming Friday - a day that changed us all a little bit. Happens to be my birthday- yes I am on the downhill slide to 60 now. Oh- it hurts to even think it. 9-11 - the day of the attack was also the last birthday I had with my husband - I remember the morning all too well -it was the first day of Needles and Friends quilt guild - I got into the meeting a few minutes late, and Rob Roy said to me that my birthday would never be the same - he was right. Wouldn't it be nice if we could forget some things. Wouldn't it be nice if there really was Peace on Earth. Love to all, Kaye

1 comment:

Soccer Mom said...

I agree! I would also love your pictures to open bigger! :) Not only so I could see the BEAUTIFUL quilts but to see you cute girls a little bigger (like the one with ya'll in the ice cream server hats).
Thanks for everything. You guys are so great!
Michelle