Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I have come to the conclusion......

... that there are too many women in this valley with too much time on their hands and they are able to create the most wonderful quilts! I made it a point to go the the opening day of Needles & Friends Quilt Guild - what a bunch of over achievers. If you ever want to feel inadequate about your quilting accomplishments - go to one of their meetings - you will be in awe of what you see. The meeting today was wonderful - nice to see so many familiar faces and to see the lovely work that the ladies have done - they really are so very talented. I really am so envious!
Back to reality - I FINISHED a project that I started in 2004 - I know that is when I started it because there is a block on the front of the project (a wool quilt that was one of the first block of the month projects ever offered at the Rooster) and it says "remember me 2004 ". Thank goodness I don't have to say when I finished the project. But I am so glad it is finally done. Zephie is working very hard on getting the new class schedule ready - it will be posted on the web site by next Thursday - the 17th.
I am ready to leave - have to go get a hug and kiss from Winter - she was out camping all last weekend with her dad. Have a great week, Kaye

1 comment:

Lisa said...

And I have to say Miss Kaye, what a pleasure it was to see you there. It made my day! Needles & Friends just isn't the same without you...I miss your funny comments! Guild has gotten just too quiet and respectable, we need to liven it up a little like the old days...remember your bow tie block comment. I do... and it was legenday. Also, please pass on to Marie how absolutely pleased I am with her work on my Baltimore Album quilt. Just love it!