Friday, August 21, 2009

the Stolen Nectarines

HI - it is a very sad week for my sweet little 92 year old Aunt Marj - someone stole all 22 nectarines off of her tree. How can this be in this safe little hometown. Aunt Marj and her son John planted the tree last year - being told it was an apricot tree. The blooms this spring were beautiful and the fruit really grew. It was going to be picked the very next day - and when she went out to pick them they were gone. She keeps telling the story over and over again - unable to believe that the thief wouldn't even leave one for them to taste. It just goes to show you - nothing is sacred in this town - not even your fruit! I told them to write a letter to the Herald Journal - I may have to do it for them. This is almost as bad as stealing flowers off of the graves. Some people just need a swift kick in the butt! Enough of that- lets talk about me! I have nothing to whine about today - unless you want to hear about my pet peeves - I won't start.
Have a great weekend. Kaye

No comments: